To educate and train professionals by providing an evidence-based education of excellence that guides them to perform their responsibilities in a safe, ethical manner and with humane sensitivity. The Professional University Dr. Carlos J. Borrero Ríos (PUDCJBR) wants to aid in the strengthening of a workforce capable of responding and adapting to the rapid social changes and the specific needs of diverse populations with up-to-
date knowledge and skills.
We want to offer high quality academic programs that will help shape professionals with the skills required by the present and future job markets.
We want to serve as a teaching center of excellence for professionals to help keep them updated throughout their developing careers.
To become a center of excellence for higher education recognized for the
preparation of professionals renowned for the quality of their practice and
To develop diverse and ample academic offerings to facilitate the development of professionals qualified to perform evidence-based, up-to-date and ethical services.
1. To prepare professionals with evidence-based knowledge, skills and attitudes required to provide full scope of practice services in accordance with their professional standards.
2. To provide extended learning opportunities that promote the development of skills required for safe professional practice.
3. To develop professionals capable of meeting the needs of an increasingly diverse population, able to adapt to rapid social and technological changes.
4. To develop professionals with the right ethics and values that are needed in their chosen line of work.
5. To provide a framework for humanistic service and to assume responsibility for self-development and self-discipline.
6. To provide a cadre of competent faculty and students that put into practice the critical thinking tools taught and learned in our classrooms and labs.
7. To continue working with national, regional, and professional accreditation organizations to improve our institutions reputation and standing within the professional community.
8. To prepare our graduates to be the leaders of tomorrow.
Submit the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
Effective January 31, 2022, this nursing program is a candidate for initial accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. This candidacy status expires on January 31, 2024. Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404) 975-5000 http://www.acenursing.com/candidates/candidacy.asp Note: Upon granting of initial accreditation by the ACEN Board of Commissioners, the effective date of initial accreditation is the date on which the nursing program was approved by the ACEN as a candidate program that concluded in the Board of Commissioners granting initial accreditation.